Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis

I buy new CDs all the time and whenever I do I usually tell you guys about them. Last night I bought an album by a band named Kitty, Daisy & Lewis and I can't get enough of it.

I actually first heard of this group a few months ago when they appeared on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and after a small article in last month's Paste I decided it was time to see what the album was like.

To describe the genre of their music, you'd have to go with Rock-a-billy/Swing, I guess. It sounds straight out of the 50's...something that was extremely pleasant to my ears. The trio are siblings from England who range in age from 16-22. They use no computers while recording their music and even use old-time mics and such. Their music has a up-tempo vibe that makes it nearly impossible to keep your feet still and the oldies sound to the recordings really shows off their raw abilities. All 3 of them sing at different times and they all play more than one instrument.

I'm not sure why I felt so inclined to dedicate an entire post to this album (it's not even the best album I've purchased in the last month). But I do know that I like it because it's a bit of fresh air. It's not over produced, it doesn't sound like anything else coming out right now and when you get to the end of the album you can't help but start it up again as your feet and head continue boppin' to the music.

My current favorite tracks are: "Mean Son of a Gun", "Mohair Sam" & "(Baby)Hold Me Tight"

You can listen to them on their myspace and you can check out the odd but cool video below. So yeah, if you're looking for some new tunes and you want something fresh and unusual...give it a spin. I dare you to keep still.


Have a good one!

Song of the Day: Kitty, Daisy & Lewis - Buggin' Blues

No comments: