Wednesday, October 07, 2009

10 Things I Like and Dislike These Days...

Haven't done this in a while...

*LIKE: The Weather. So far this October has been wonderful. Highs in the 60's and lower 70's and lows in the upper 40's. If it stays like this for the remainder of fall...I'd be a happy camper.

* DISLIKE: Steve Kragthorpe. There are 120 division 1 college football teams. The Sagarin Rankings rank all teams based on stats, performance, etc. Guess what the Cards are ranked right now? 121st! Yup, I didn't know if it was possible...but it is. I know computer rankings are often bullspit, but 121st! You got to be kidding me!

* LIKE: The Eggroll Machine. My favorite local Chinese restaurant burnt down last winter...but it has now opened back up! Not only is it still delicious (had it for lunch) but it's new location is just at the end of my street! It's the best!

* LIKE: Postseason Baseball. Yeah, after I got excited about the Braves being 2 out with 6 to go...they went 0-6 the rest of the way...but still, it's baseball in October and I love it. The Twins-Tigers game last night was unreal and three of the four opening series start today.

* DISLIKE: CDs. I've been trying to save my money for a lot of reasons (wedding, grad school) and it's going alright. However, I keep a running list of cds that I'd like to buy and usually there are about 2 or 3 on there....but after I added to it today it stands at 10! Luckily I don't live close to a record store so me getting cds would be really hard...ugh!

* LIKE: TV. The Middle and Modern Family tonight! Tomorrow, Jim and Pam get married on the Office. Next Thursday, 30 Rock is back! Plus Sundays which include Bored to Death and Mad Men. There are a lot of good shows on these days.

* DISLIKE: TIM TEBOW. He's a football player...he got hit and received a concussion...stop telling me about him and his recovery every single hour, ESPN. He's one lost dog commercial away from achieving Tyler Hansbrough hate status.

* LIKE: CHAD OCHOCINCO. We should all root for him to score a TD on Sunday. Not only is he a CrapBag, but also he said that if he scores he's going to run around like Ricky Bobby after he "catches on fire" in Talladega Nights. He told the NFL that the fine money is already in the mail. Please let this happen!

* DISLIKE: BBC. 1/6 barrel kegs used to cost me $35. Last time it cost me $40. This time it cost $45! This is not a good pattern....not at all.

* LIKE: The New Blog Look. I decided to get a new picture for the title and change the color scheme a tad. I didn't like it at first, but now I think it's pretty stellar. It's very Fall-ish! You guys like?


That's all for me today, enjoy your Wednesdays.

Song of the Day: Death Cab for Cutie - We Looked Like Giants
Beer of the Day: Guinness

No comments: