Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

Hold out your hand, say please...

* Happy Monsters of Folk day everyone!
Not only does the album drop today, but also they are going to be on Conan tonight. Seriously, go buy this album...you won't be sorry. Here's a video to give you a taste:


* In some other really awesome music news...The Avett Brothers' new album, which is out a week from today, can now be streamed for free on NPR. I gave it a quick listen while working today and my initial review is positive. I had some fear with this album that it wouldn't sound "Avett" enough, but I think it's going to be just fine. I need to listen to it again before I make a final decision.

* The CrapBags moved to 1-1 on the season with a big win over the Rickety Crickets. Tom Brady was extremely poor this week, but luckily Frank Gore and Andre Johnson were in total beast mode. Go Bags Go!

* So I need to get a new cell phone. I'm eligible for a free upgrade so there are several phones that I can get without any charge. However, all the phones these days come with like crazy slide-out keyboard things. I'm not sure that I want one like that because I'm not a ninja and I'm not sure I can handle it. Any advice or help with this crazy phone upgrade dilemma would be appreciated.

* Have you guys seen the new ESPN commercial with, my favorite anchorman, Scott Van Pelt (shout out to Da Kaizah)? It's hysterical...here it is:

Shaz-Bagl!

* 3 more days until the GRE, let's get that sucker over with.

* Finally, today is the first day of Fall! Woo-hoo! Fall is the best season, by far, hands down, no question. Expect a fall blog celebration sometime soon. Also, fall doesn't really begin in my mind until October 1st, but who's counting?

That's all the tidbits I've got in store for you, have a great rest of the day.

Song of the Day: Monsters of Folk - Whole Lotta Losin'
GRE Word: Salubrious - Promoting health or well-being

No comments: