Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

Now let me clear my throat...

* So Football season is back and while it's not the same as it was in previous years, Fantasy Football is back too. Although the CrapBags lost in week one....so I'll save the CrapBag talk for a more upbeat day. But, I do have this guy on my team again:
What you don't see in this picture is the gorgeous woman that Tom is pointing towards...as a result, she lost all of her clothes do to his abundance of gusto! I love Tom Brady and the old school Pats unis.

* It has come to my attention that the upcoming Basketball season is the last that UofL will ever play in Freedom Hall. It has also come to my attention that Saturday March 6th the Cards play Syracuse in the last ever UofL game at the Hall. It has also come to my attention that I lack tickets this year and simply have to go to that game. So, keep your ears open friends there will be much reward for anyone who can grab some seats for me. I'm happy to pay you money and make you a pot of chili if this all works out.

* Taylor and I are putting together a wedding website that will contain info about our wedding. Since we don't have any info set in stone yet...the website is a bit empty. However, as soon as it gets rockin' I'll let you guys see it.

* So The Beatles new reissued cd's and RockBand video game came out last week. I want to spend all of my money and buy it all, but I'm trying my best to be good. If anyone wants to buy me a gift for some reason...feel free to go Beatle crazy. I'll probably by the Rock Band game, but I'll wait till after the GRE, otherwise I'd get a 16 on it.

* Speaking of the GRE, it's a week from this coming Saturday! Yikes! I've got a bit of studying to do, but I think I'll be able to get most of it taken care of. I've been getting my application together recently so hopefully I'll have it all finished in a few weeks and then all I'll have to do is sit and wait and hope...and bribe.

* Speaking of this coming Saturday. UofL plays UK in football. I'm guessing the Cards get drilled, but I hope I'm wrong. Believe it or not, there was a time (not so long ago) when playing UK was a laugh-fest for Cards fans (in a good way)...see:
Oh how I miss you 2006...

* The Monsters of Folk cd comes out a week from today. I'm a very very excited about this record. Every thing I read about it makes waiting for next week that much harder. Luckily, they released the artwork and a full album stream to keep me calm for 7 more days!
* Last but not least, here is the best commercial from Week 1 in the NFL:


* Oh yeah, The Office starts this Thursday...don't forget.

Until tomorrow kids!

Song of the Day: My Morning Jacket - Dear Wife
GRE Word: Peccadillo - A small sin or fault

No comments: