Friday, September 25, 2009

GRE

24 hours from now I'll be finished with the GRE...it will be nice.

I'm not really nervous about the actual test, I've been studying off and on for like 3 months now so I feel like I'm prepared properly. I'd say I'm more anxious than anything.

The biggest reason for my anxiety is the fact that I haven't taken a test in about a year and a half. It shouldn't hurt me too bad, but I'd feel more comfortable if I was coming fresh off a school year or something.

Another reason for my anxiety is the fact that they give you your score as soon as you finish. Now I'm not saying I'd want to wait 3 months for my results, but maybe a few days. I'm gonna be super pissed if I don't do as well as I would like and then I don't even get to enjoy being finished.

Luckily, I don't get too worked up over this stuff. It's an important test, sure, but if I don't do well I'll pick myself up and move on...no big deal. I tried my best and that's all I can ask of myself.

So yeah, I'll do some more practice questions tonight, get a good night's sleep, eat a good breakfast and give it my best shot. It's a just a test.

Plus, as soon as I'm done...I've got a fresh copy of Beatles Rock Band sitting at my apartment...courtesy of my wonderful fiance. She sent it to me hoping it would get here on Saturday, but it came earlier. She told me I could play it tonight if I wanted, but I'm gonna stay strong and wait until after the test...then I'll unleash my inner Beatle.

Alright, have a good weekend gang. Wish me luck!

Song of the Day: Monsters of Folk - Baby Boomer
GRE Word: Erudite - Scholarly; displaying deep intensive learning

No comments: