Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Facts

Big weekend about to happen...time to get our facts straight.

1.) I'm headed to Indianapolis in a few short hours for a "bachelor party" weekend for the Dude man. Nothing too crazy but dad, Ben, Dude, Ryan and I are sure to have a good time. I'm looking forward to it.

2.) Taylor is now finished with her summer class. She's been absolutely swamped for the last month with 8-10 hour work days and class on top of that. She'll get a small 10 day break from class and she certainly deserves it. One step closer to being a master of English though!

3.) When I stated yesterday that "UK fan" was one of my least favorite qualities in someone...that wasn't a lie. It's not to say that I dislike all UK fans, I've just found that I don't necessarily mix well with them. However, for the 4 or 5 UK fans that I am close to...pat yourself on the back. That means that I like the rest of your personality so much that it makes up for that one thing. So congrats to UK fans that I still like, the rest of your personality rocks!

4.) The band Cake is awesome. I've always liked them, but I was listening to them earlier and I was just thinking, "They are total badasses" I think it was the song Stickshifts and Safety Belts that made me want to mention them today. I love that song.

5.) My meeting with Keith, from UofL, was rescheduled yesterday. It's kind of a bummer, but I'll still get to talk to him about grad school in a couple weeks.

6.) Our trivia team finished in the money for the second week in a row. We scrambled through a tough night to come out in 3rd place! We're getting back in the swing of things.

7.) Dude had the quote of the week last night at trivia. I said something sarcastic (imagine that) about someone or something and Dude laughed and then said to me, "How have you never been punched in the face?" It's something that I ask myself often.

8.) I'm officially moving on past the Pitino drama. I'm still pissed at him, but he's our coach so I'll support him and give him another chance. This also means that any and all UofL jokes are welcome....such as this which I received in an e-mail titled, "The Happiest Man in Louisville"
It's totally true. Steve Kragthorpe has to just LOVE Rick Pitino right now. Probably about as much as Rick Pitino LOVES the Eagles and Mike Vick right now. Oh, sports...

10.) The two funniest things I've heard surrounding the whole Pitino story are these...

* From either a blog or a message board (I can't remember) "You know who the real winner in all of this is? Porcini. Now maybe people will stop trying to add an "s" to the end of their name. Maybe Kroger ought to whip up a high profile sex scandal too!

* Finally, the name of the 2nd place team at trivia last night, "Kragthorpe just gets busy in the Burger King bathroom"

that's in reference to a line from The Digital Underground's Humpty Dance for those that might not have understood the humor.

It feels good to laugh.


Have a great weekend all.

Song of the Day: Cake - I Will Survive
GRE Word: Abscond - To depart clandestinely; to steal off and hide

No comments: