Monday, August 03, 2009

Come Monday...

It's a new week and a new month. Here's what you need to know.

** The highlight of my weekend was going camping. Didn't do a whole lot, just ate and drank and relaxed. It was a good time though.

**Taylor's parents' friend, Keith, is one of the vice presidents at UofL. He has a background in Sports Administration and has agreed to meet with me for drinks next week. I'm not sure exactly what I'm expecting to get out of this meeting...but any and all information would be a step in the right direction. I'll let you know how it goes.

** I bought some new shoes! I needed some nicer brown shoes and I found these gems that were on super clearance.
They're kind bootish, but at the same time I think I can dress them up a bit. Whatever, they were over 100 bucks off so I couldn't pass them up.

**Flaming Pie is an album by Paul McCartney that I bought in 1997. I listened to it a few times but since it was 1997 I'm sure I quickly tossed it aside in favor of some Coolio or Bone Thugs n Harmony. Luckily, I found it the other day and have been listening to it non stop. It's maybe my favorite Paul solo album.

**My guitar lesson is cancelled today. It's kind of a bummer, but I haven't really had time to practice this week...so it's actually ok in my book.

**I love lists....I may just turn the whole blog into Life of Brian's tidbits.

**My great aunt gave me a bottle of bourbon she had since the early 1960s. It's Beam's choice bourbon and it is in this awesome, old, ugly decanter. Here is what it looks like:
It's by far the coolest thing I've gotten in a while.

** This week: Haircut tomorrow after work, Basketball on Wednesday, Trivia on Thursday, GRE studying all week long, beginning my application and personal statement for grad school...watching lots of Mad Men.

Alright guys, I think that's all I needed to fill you in on. Let's make this week a good one.

Song of the Day: Paul McCartney - Great Day
GRE Word: Demur - To Question or Oppose

No comments: