Friday, May 29, 2009

What ever happened to...Fruitopia?

So I decided I'd start a new segment on the blog called, "What ever happened to?" Basically I'll just use this segment to write about things from my youth that I really enjoyed and have kind of forgotten about.

So today I want to talk about "Fruitopia"

When I was younger (so much younger than today) I loved Fruitopia. It was like juice, without the health benefits. It was like koo- aid, but cooler. Fruitopia was a drink that tasted as cool as it sounded. I can remember grabbing a bottle of "Strawberry Passion Awareness" and just thinking to myself, how could there ever be a hipper drink? I think if I had tried hard enough I could have convinced myself that "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" was actually about Fruitopia and not LSD. I mean that stuff was far out.

Now, while the taste of Fruitopia and the name "Fruitopia" itself are totally awesome, my favorite thing about Fruitopia was the name of the flavors. For instance their Strawberry drink, as mentioned above, was "Strawberry Passion Awareness". It was as if they found the 5 highest hippies they could and asked them to taste their beverage and come up with a name. Actually, they probably just made them up...and it went like this. Pick a fruit, and then pick two words that sound cool together. Like this:

Hey how about a nice cold bottle of Kiwi BeachBall Fantasyland?

or...

You look thirsty, why don't you quench that thirst with a Banana Moonlight Ecstasy?

or maybe even...

Would you like a beverage? How about a tall glass of Cherryberry Nipple Insomnia?

I mean I just made those up in less then a minute...but I bet you probably believed that they were real flavors. You didn't? Well whatever they totally could be.

Anyway, the point of all of this is that something reminded me of Fruitopia today and I'm kind of sad they don't make it anymore (do they?). But it's probably because I'm pretty sure it was liquid marijuana.

Oh well, feel free to share any of your Fruitopia memories.

Have a great weekend, Go Cards!

Song of the Weekend: Little Joy - No One's Better Sake
Beer of the Weekend: Brooklyn - Summer Ale

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I agree what happened to this liquid adam