Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

Here we go...

* Last night was the last Monday Night basketball of the season which is bad for a few reasons. A.) I really like playing basketball and B.) That now eliminates 93% of my weekly exercise. While this all is a bummer, I do need to note one thing. My uncle Scott, who plays with us on Monday nights, did something last night to forever park his name atop the Monday night b-ball hall of fame list. I can't tell you what it is, because you just had to be there...but Scott, you're an inspiration to us all.

* So Friday night while we were bar-hopping on Bardstown road we stopped in Akiko's which is a hole in the wall karaoke bar. I've never sang a song there before but Ben and I got up there to put on a little show for everyone. Needless to say at the end of the song the DJ came over a yelled at me for using the mic stand as a prop and swinging the microphone chord. What the what? Just let it be known that if you hand me a a mic with a chord on it and crank out a tune...I'm gonna swing it. Also if there is a mic stand around, I'm gonna Axl Rose that bad boy. If the people have to listen to me sing...I'm at least gonna make it worth their while with my stage presence...just saying.

* New funny Lebron commercial...very Little Pennyesque


* Ryan got his first action of the season last night as his St. X Lacrosse team moved into the semi-finals of the state tournament. I'm probably gonna go to his game tomorrow, but I admit...it's going to be a little disappointing after the last game I went to. Oh well, good luck Ryan.

* Check out the album art for Wilco's new album, which is titled...Wilco.
Pretty cool I must say. A bit odd, but pretty cool.

* Today after work I get to do something that is going to make all of you jealous. I get to put a new liner in a swimming pool. That was sarcasm, I've done this before and to say it's lame would be the understatement of the century.

* One last thing, I've recently been abusing hulu.com and I've been reminded how wonderful "Arrested Development" was. I thought I'd share one of my favorite Gob clips today

That show is and always will be AMAZING!

That's all for today gang, enjoy the rest of your Tuesdays.

Song of the Day: The Beatles - For No One
Beer of the Day: Left Hand - Haystack Wheat

No comments: