Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Micro-Mini Marathon Sign Ups....

The Micro-Mini Marathon is on like Donkey Kong. I received word back from Tom O'Shea and he said that they'd love to help out.

Ok, here's the deal....there are some details that still need to be ironed out...but I can't do any of that until I start to get a feel for the number of participants. I have mapped out a course, but if we get more people then I have planned I'm going to have to move it to a bigger area. Also, I need to let O'Shea's know about how many people will be participating so they can block off an area big enough. In addition, since O'Shea's is going to allow us to have an "after party" celebration at their pub...I've decided that all the proceeds will be donated to O'Shea's weekly charity (every Monday O'Shea's donates 100% of their income that day to a charity), they're getting me info soon about which charity they'll work with that week.

So, right now...we need some marathoners...here are the details for those who may have forgotten.

What: A 3.1 mile marathon to raise money for charity.

When: Saturday April 25, 2009. Time: TBA

Where:
Louisville, KY....The Cherokee Park/Highlands area.

Huh?:
Participants may choose to either walk or run the marathon, but participants can not JUST run or walk. Some other activity must be performed while completing the race. For instance, runners could juggle, dribble a basketball, pogo stick, hand jive, dance, etc. A prize will be awarded to the most creative participant. Those wishing to just run or walk may still participate but they will be ridiculed by their peers for the entire 3.1 miles. One stipulation…No wheeled objects such as: bikes, cars, scooters, skates, etc, may be used…unicycles are fair game.

*** A $5 donation is required to participate and larger donations are encouraged. 100% of the donations will be going to charity.


Alright, as I said...the charity, the time and the exact course map will be determined soon and I'll get you guys that info ASAP.

Bottom line...we're gonna get together and exercise while having a good time and then we're going to go over to O'Shea's and party it up for a while....all while raising money for a good cause.

Tell your family, friends, etc. I think this is certainly a case of the more the merrier. Also, start signing up now (this will help get the rest of the details ironed out). To sign up all you have to do is e-mail me at brianusellis@gmail.com (any questions can be sent there too). I'll just ask for your name and e-mail address...the donations will be due the day of the race. So come on and sign up...it's for a good cause!

Song of the Day: Cake - He's Going the Distance
Beer of the Day: Goose Island - Honker's Ale

No comments: