Friday, March 06, 2009

Friday Facts

It's Friday...I'm jacked up...here's what you need to know.

1.) I've decided I'm not going to run the mini marathon. I know it may seem like I'm a quitter and I know I've let you all down...but I've got a plan that is actually going to be way better then running the actual mini. Details will be shared next week.

2.) So if by some strange chance Uconn gets beat by Pitt tomorrow at noon (on CBS) and then UofL beats West Virginia tomorrow at 9 (ESPN)...two things will happen. One, The Cards will lay claim to their first ever Big East championship. Two, I will not be wearing pants for the rest of the weekend. I need this to happen!

3.) Tonight the kegerator will get it's first big test since coming off of the DL. Usually it's just me and Lautaro sipping off of it..but some other folks may swing by tonight to enjoy a beverage or two...I think it's up for the challenge.

4.) I spent 30 bucks at the grocery yesterday and all I bought was bread, Gatorade and cleaning supplies. On the bright side, our apartment smells lemony fresh...and the bath tub drains properly!

5.) We haven't had a mantle piece at the apartment since we took down our Christmas decorations...until now. I forgot to take a picture, so you'll have to wait until next week to see it...but let's just say that this too could be considered "holiday" related.

6.) The ol' Alma Matter, Centre, is in the NCAA D- III basketball tournament again! Their first game is tonight against some team I've never heard of. Last year they went to the tournament and the games were a blast...hopefully the Praying Colonels have what it takes to win it all this time around! Go Colonels!

7.) If you're not doing anything tonight...flip on ESPN at 8 for the Cavs vs. Celtics game. The NBA has been so-so for the last decade or so...but this year I've been watching more and more and it's actually pretty awesome. If nothing else, Lebron James is worth watching for 2 hours...Dude's a beast.

8.) You ever have that dream where you're being chased by a dog and it just keeps gaining on you and gaining on you? Well apparently dogs sometimes dream that they are being chased by humans and no matter how fast they run...nothing will save them until they smash their head into a wall...


9.) 9-9-09. That's the day when The Beatles rock band game comes out. To say I'm excited would be a bit of an understatement. To say that I'm a dork would be an even bigger understatement.

10.) Last but not least...there is a 95% chance that after I have a few beers tonight...I'm going to start talking like the kid in the youtube video after his dentist trip (see yesterday's post for non daily readers)...

"I have TWO fingers.......I have FOUR fingers.....AHHHHHHHHHHHH!....Is this real life?"

There is also a 99% chance that I'll do it one to many times and ruin the humor. Oh well.


Have a great weekend everyone!

Song of the Weekend: King Harvest - Dancing in the Moonlight
Beer of the Weekend: Goose Island - Honker's Ale

No comments: