Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

I'm not going to lie...this edition of the tidbits is going to be "basketball and YouTube" heavy.

* Please tell me you watched the Pitt vs. Uconn game last night? It was as good as advertised and Dejuan Blair made Hasheem Thabeet look like a 7 foot 3, little girl.

I mean let's be real...that had to hurt. But if you're Thabeet and you start the season by saying that you're the best center in the country and no one can beat you...you better back it up. Instead Blair had 22 points and 23 boards to Thabeet's 4 and 5. Then Uconn coach Jim Calhoun whined about how unfair it was that Blair got away with his physical play. Calhoun let me tell you something, "You are a tool box!" I hate Uconn, I don't like Pitt much either...but I hate Uconn.
If UofL wins their last 6 and Uconn loses one more...the Big East championship is coming to the Ville!

* Speaking of the Cards...Rick Pitino announced last night that the Cards will wear throwback uniforms for our March 1st game against Marquette. YES!!! I have wanted us to wear throwbacks for as long as I've known it was a possibility....they're gonna be sweet.
* Also from the UofL locker room...the always entertaining T-Will had a pretty funny line after Sunday's win against Depaul.
T-Will only played 15 mins because of an injured wrist...but that didn't stop him from joking around with the media. When Edgar Sosa told reporters to "Go over and ask TWill why he's too much of a wuss that he couldn't play today." T-Will quickly replied, "Go over and ask Edgar if he's allowed to be in this country!"

I love that guy. Senior Day is going to be sad.

* So check out the video of this fan dancing to Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer" on the jumbo tron at a recent Celtics game:

That my friends is how you "explore the space". He's got some serious pit stains from the looks too. Oh well, you're not partyin' unless you're pittin'

* So how badass are the new Gatorade "Monty Python" commercials? Really bad ass is the answer. They're shown in three parts on tv...but since I like you guys so much...I'll give you all the parts right here...you're welcome:

A+ for the genius who came up with that.

* Speaking of awesome commercials...I saw two pretty good ones during the NBA All-Star game.
The first shows us how Lebron James gets pumped for a game:

The second is a Jordan brand commercial that gets me super jacked up:

Jordan is the coolest.

* Now, for those of you who don't like basketball...you'll be thrilled to know that my beloved Atlanta Braves signed Ken Griffey Jr. this morning. Man I always wanted to have Junior on the Braves...but I wanted him in 1996. Oh well, he's still a legend and between Chipper Jones, Tom Glavine and Ken Griffey Jr. the Braves have almost 120 years of age on their team. World Series and Icy Hot here we come.

* Alright for all of those who don't like sports...M Ward released a new cd, "Hold Time" today. Ward is one of my favorites and all signs point to this being a solid album that I will buy on my way home from work today.

* Ok, for those of you who don't like sports OR music. Well...I have nothing for you today. Sports and music are kinda my thing...but check back tomorrow when I give you the top 5 names for my new car!

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Song of the Day: M Ward - Chinese Translation
Beer of the Day: Sierra Nevada - Pale Ale

No comments: