Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

Here we go...

* So the Mini-Marathon training...it's not going great. The darn ice storm and New Orleans trip really put a damper on it...but I'm going to get after again tonight. I'm running that stupid race, if it's the last thing I do (it really might be)...I'm running the race.

* The always awesome Paste magazine has made a huge mistake. I was recently browsing their list of "The 17 Best Romantic Comedies of This Decade"...I agreed with some ("About a Boy", "High Fidelity") but I went from 17-1 and realized...NO "LOVE ACTUALLY"! I just don't know what to say....it's clearly a typo.

* I found this sweet soccer celebration on a blog...thought I'd share.

Hooray Choreography!

* So I mentioned the Grammys yesterday...but I didn't mention the performance of Lil' Wayne, T.I, Jay-Z, Kanye West and M.I.A. It was a pretty cool performance I must say, although I wish Kanye wasn't such a bastard. Anyway this is what M.I.A. wore:
Bizarre, right? Well as it turns out M.I.A. is 9 months pregnant and was due on the day of the Grammys. I'm not a doctor, but I would guess hopping around on stage, singing and dancing, when you're baby is due any minute, is probably not the safest thing in the world. I mean maybe it's all good, but I'm just saying if that baby comes out with only one ear....I think we know what to blame.

* Do you know how much TV I watch? It turns out I watch it a lot. Not having cable is just crazy. After basketball last night I took a shower and then read a book and played guitar...I wanted to watch tv...but ohhh no. I mean it's not horrible not having tv...but I sure would like it back.

* Apparently some 9 year old created an I-phone application and now everyone thinks he's the next Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius. While it's pretty cool that he did this...I would like to think that if I-phones had been around when I was nine...I could have done something like that. I mean I was really good at doodling in "Paint" on our first computer. Also, where are this kid's parents? I mean, why does he have so much knowledge about an i-phone at age 9? All I know is that kid better start lifting weights because he's going to have to go to high school in a few years and I would imagine that even in Singapore being fluent in 6 programming languages is a recipe for an ass-kicking.

Actually, he'll probably go straight to Harvard...who am I kidding, that kid's awesome.

* Big news from UofL's football program. Head coach Steve Kragthorpe has fired our old offensive coordinator and replaced him with....himself! Really? Seriously? At least he finally showed a little emotion though...as you can see in this picture from his press conference...Steve's pretty jacked up about having full control of the Cardinals' offense next year:
Yeah...he's stoked. Or maybe he's pissed? Or maybe we just scored a touchdown? Or no...I think we fumbled? He's hungry? Sad? Gassy? Hell I dunno, it's really hard to get a read on a guy who only ever makes one facial expression. Anyway, here's to 4 yard out routes on 3 and 9 for another year!

* Hair cut in less than 90 minutes...Hopefully I'll come out of it alive.

That's all today buck-a-roos! Have a good one!

Song of the Day: Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry
Beer of the Day: Fuller's - ESB

No comments: