Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The People Have Spoken...

One week and 27 votes later...it's been decided by YOU the readers (and me, I voted too)
The Jeep shall be named...
FRANCISCO

I'm not going to lie to you guys...this is the name I voted for so I'm glad that it won. It touches on all aspects of the car, Liberty, Louisville, Luxury...it's just perfect. I can't wait to go take Francisco for a ride after work and tell him his new name....he's going to be thrilled!

I want to thank everyone out there who voted, I like this whole "poll" thing. I might start using them more often so you guys can have more input on my actions...I'm clearly not fit to make all the decisions that are needed in my life.

Now that naming the car is out of the way...I've got two other awesome pieces of info to share with you guys.

1.) Not only is the kegerator fixed...Lautaro and I finally hung up posters and such in the bar room last night....check it out:
As you can see we tried to just tried to cover the wall as much as possible. UofL is heavily represented with a banner, an ESPN sign that is signed by Pitino and Francisco Garcia (I was also on ESPN with that sign), as well as some other stuff, The Cubs, Argentina, the Beatles and My Morning Jacket are the other things that are represented more then once. However, perhaps the best part of the bar room is the addition of the Old Style light and the "Now on Tap" chalkboard to cuddle up next to the Falls City sign above the Kegerator. For the record, Goose Island Honker's Ale is on tap (if you can't tell by my artwork).

Anyway, we've been meaning to do this forever and we finally did it last night...so I'm pretty pumped.

2.) JimmyDan has made himself, "Life of Brian's: Human Being of the Week"! This is an award that I usually vote on myself, it's given once a week to someone who does something extremely badass, nice, considerate, helpful, etc. I usually just keep my human being of the week to myself...but JimmyDan deserves a proper blog shout out because he has offered me a free ticket to the UofL vs. Marquette game on Sunday. The game is going to be huge and I was really worried I wouldn't be able to attend...JimmyDan squashed those fears with his badassness and that's why he's found himself named "Human Being of the Week!" Thanks again JimmyDan.


That's all I've got on this lovely "hump" day...everybody go cheer for Marquette tonight against Uconn, but remember to cheer against them on Sunday...ok? Ok!

Song of the Day: M. Ward - Rave On
Beer of the Day: Bell's - Two Hearted Ale

No comments: