Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Nawlins!

Ladies and Gents...I'm headed to the Big Easy!
Dad has to go down to New Orleans for a conference and Michele decided to stay home...which left an unused ticket...which led to me getting to go. Hells to the Yeah!

I'll be flying out tomorrow morning at the butt-crack of dawn and returning on Sunday morning.

I've never been to New Orleans, but it seems like a sweet town. Let's go over what I know about New Orleans and whether or not I like those things.

* They have great food: Gumbo, Red Beans and Rice, etc.
- Yes, I like all that stuff...However, I'm going to need to carry around a towel though because with the spiciness of their food...I'm sure to start sweating as soon as I get off the plane.

* There are tons of bars and such down there.
- Abita beer, Hurricanes....I think I can handle all of that.

* The music scene is great: Dr. John, Louis Armstrong, The Neville Brothers, Allen Toussaint.
- Yes, yes, yes, yes. Hearing some New Orleans Jazz is on the top of my list of things to do.

* They have this thing called Mardi Gras...the party has already started.
- I like to party and I'm not ashamed to show my chest for free stuff. Byahh!

* They have a really high crime rate
- I'm not such a fan of this part...but I have a beard, hopefully I'll be ok.

* My good friend Tom (a fellow LoB reader) lives there
- I haven't seen Tom in like a year or more. I'm sure we'll get together for a drink or 6.

* It's a totally badass city.
- I've always wanted to go to New Orleans. It sounds like my kinda town...hopefully I'm right.

Well that sums up my knowledge of the city...I think all signs point to a good time. I'll give you guys a full recap on Monday.

Song of the time from now until Monday: Dr. John - Iko Iko
Beer of the time from now until Monday: Abita - Restoration Ale

No comments: