Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Name the Jeep!

The time has come. Today (through next week) you guys are going to help me name my new Jeep. For those of you unfamiliar with naming things other then pets or humans...just play along. In the past I had a 1989 White Toyota Corolla named, "Karl Malone" and a black 1992 Honda Accord named, "Malik". My 2005 Jeep Liberty is next in a fine line of cars and it needs a good name.

Now then, when naming something...you want to give it a name that reflects who it is...so here are the facts on the Jeep.

2005 Jeep Liberty, Silver, Louisville Cardinal Wheel cover on the back, 4 wheel drive, slightly tinted windows, ability to run over some things.

As you can see there are some good characteristics to work with here. However, when I originally asked you guys to help think of a name...and when I started thinking of names myself...I thought focusing on "Liberty" would be a good place to start.

So, here are the three finalists. *NOTE: All of these names were suggested to me by at least 2 people.

1.) Hank

- Hank is a strong name, it's manly, it's short...it's not messing around. If you were going to get in a fight...Hank is someone you want on your side...always. Also, this name pays honor to Patrick Henry...the man who said, "Give me Liberty or give me death". Hank...solid name.

2.) Franklin

- This name made the finalists for two reasons. 1.) It was suggested by the most people, mostly because of Benjamin Franklin and Libertiness (that's a word) I guess. 2.) Because it reminds me of Gob Bluth's puppet with the same name from "Arrested Development" the best tv show of my lifetime. Franklin...pretty good name.

3.) Francisco

- This one works on a few levels. Francis Scott Key wrote the "Star Spangled Banner" and while that is a truly awesome accomplishment and we should forever be grateful to him...not a chance in hell I'm naming my car "Francis"...maybe if I drove a Kia Sportage I would name it that. But, Francisco is a pretty sweet name which could honor the bad assness of Francis Scott Key while combining the awesomness of Francisco Garcia, one of my all-time favorite UofL Basketball players (also ties in the UofL wheel cover). In addition, Francisco is also really fun to say. Francisco...multi-meaningful name.


So there it is....my Jeep will soon be called: Hank, Franklin or Francisco.

Now, I've added a poll at the top right side of the page so you guys can vote for your favorite name. I'm not sure how often you can vote...but if it has no limit please only vote once, I just don't want someone taking over the voting to make sure their name wins...that would just make public voting a joke...like Yao Ming's last 4 all-star appearances. Also, the poll will be up until next Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. when it closes I'll go spend a special moment with the Jeep while I give it its new name and then I'll announce the winner on here. Sound good? Good.

Thanks for helping me out guys...I know it's going to be tough to wait...but this time next week, we'll all know the name!

Byahh!

Song of the Day: M. Ward - Jailbird
Beer of the Day: Sierra Nevada - Big Foot Barley Wine

No comments: