Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday chatter

What's good everybody?

So I'm back home now and things are beginning to settle down. Here's a quick recap of the past few days.

Taylor and I had a great time this weekend in Asheville. We went to the Biltmore mansion (pretty cool place) and we wondered around Asheville and ate at some good spots. It was really a great weekend, the perfect mix of sight seeing and relaxing...sadly just not enough time with Taylor. But, she'll be home in like 10 days so....BYAHH!

While Asheville did prove to be a good place for us to meet for a weekend, one thing about the town was really bizarre....the amount of hippies.

I mean when you go to Cumberland Brews on a Friday night you expect to see a good deal of 20 - 30 year old hippies who are craving a local brew. When I went to Bonnaroo I knew abundant amounts of hippies were to be expected. But, this was an entire hippy town. The old folks were hippies, the babies were hippies...they had hackey sacks for sale all over the place. It was truly bizarre. I have nothing against hippies, they're a tad lazy and smelly sometimes...but in my book they're ok. It was just so weird to realize that the entire town was just a bunch of Zeppelin fans and their Phish loving children. I really felt like I was in an episode of South Park...especially when there was the circle of hippies playing some music on the street...two guitars...11 strings between them...and one guy playing a saw with a violin bow. It was pretty wild.

The other important thing that happened this weekend was the fact that I became closer with my car. Now a while ago I asked you guys to help me name my new ride...but then I realized it was just too soon to name it. However, after 12 hours of one on one time with the Liberty...I think a name is in order. I mean if you met someone and just talked to them for 12 hours alone...wouldn't you want to know their name? So, later this week I'll post the top 5 names for the car and see what you guys think.

One last thing, Shaq is and always will be the most entertaining basketball player of all time. In case you missed it, here is his dance with the Jabbawockeez at last nights all star game.

Shaqtastic indeed!


Also, Pitt and Uconn on Big Monday tonight at 7 on ESPN...should be a good one!

Song of the Day: Black Keys - All You Ever Wanted
Beer of the Day: Highland - Gaelic Ale

No comments: