Monday, February 23, 2009

Conan O'Brien...

As long as I can remember I've found Conan O'Brien hilarious. When playing the game where you get to pick a celebrity to hang out with for a night...Conan has always been near the top of my list. Most of you have probably heard that he will soon take over for Jay Leno on the Tonight Show (Praise the lord) and he will move to Los Angeles to fulfill what has to be every TV host's dream. While I'm excited about the new change, I found myself a bit sad while watching Conan's last "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" show on Friday. This time slot allowed Conan to be as goofy as can be, his writers were not always producing must see tv, but Conan's wit and charm always made it work.

While thinking back on all my favorite moments on Conan's show I thought of Triumph the insult comic dog, I thought of Conan talking to celebrities with different mouths on the TV by his desk...but the parts that were always the funniest to me...were the segments where Conan would go out of the studio and do some strange job or talk to some strange person. More often then not these segments would make me laugh out loud while watching by myself at 1 in the morning. So, as a tribute to the one and only Conan O'Brien...I thought I'd share some of my favorites today.

This is #1 in my book and Conan said the same...It's a skit where Conan plays old time baseball...



In this gem, Conan learns how to bartend.


Now Conan decides to help patrol the border after the 9/11 attacks.



And here's a a great feature with Martha Stewart, where Conan gets her to eat Taco Bell and drink an Old English 40. (Sorry for the link, I couldn't embed it on my site)

He really is hilarious. Luckily when Conan was wrapping up his final show he had this to say, "We're going on to this next gig and sometimes I read that it's time for Conan to grow up because he's going to 11:30, I assure you, that's just not going to happen. This is who I am."

Thank goodness for that.

Then here's his final sign off...


Conan's been great for the past 16 years and I hope he continues to make me laugh as the new host of the Tonight Show.

Beer of the Day: Goose Island - Honker's Ale (now on draft at my apartment)
Song of the Day: White Stripes - I Can Tell That We Are Gonna Be Friends

No comments: