Monday, February 09, 2009

10 Monday Thoughts

So I'm back in town, it's warmer in Louisville....things are looking up. Here's 10 thoughts to round up the last few days.

1.) New Orleans is a wild city. I had a pretty good time down there, saw some cool places, ate some good food, drank some weird drinks, saw two cowboys walking ponies down the middle of the road...you know same old thing. It was fun, but I'd like to go back and see the things I didn't get to see (read: "the things I don't remember).

2.) My apartment totally has power! WOO-HOO! It only took like 12 days, but damnit...we've got lights. We do not have cable or Internet...and it could be another week till that gets fixed...baby steps.

3.) I'm heading out of town again this weekend as I'm going to Asheville, NC to see Taylor. I've never been to Asheville....but it's about halfway between Charleston and Louisville...so let's hope it's really awesome.

4.) I met up with my long lost buddy Tom while in New Orleans. He's living down there while working as an assistant horse trainer. I think it's safe to say he's enjoying his time down there...but his karaokeing (totally a word) could use tons of help. It's all about song selection Tommy boy!

5.) The Cards won yesterday in what can only be described as the ugliest basketball game I've seen in a while. It looked like a pickup game...a bad one...but Jerry made sure the Cards didn't lose as he played Michael Jordan for us down the stretch.

6.) Alex Rodriguez admitted to using steroids today. My reaction? "No way? A star baseball player on roids? That's preposterous!" I hope you can sense the sarcasm. Bottom line, steroids are bad, but you can't go back and catch every player who ever did them. Stop worrying about things that happened 5 or so years ago...just focus on making the games more entertaining now that 90% of the players are performing under their career averages.

7.) My Morning Jacket didn't win a grammy last night...John Mayer did...it's just not fair. I actually like John Mayer as a person, he had like a 2 episode tv show on VH1 like 5 years ago and it was hilarious. He's really funny and he's really good at guitar...but he writes songs just to make money and most of them aren't very good (I own one John Mayer album...you got me...damn you 15 year old Brian!) I just don't think it's fair that he gets to date Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Love Hewitt AND win grammys, somethings gotta give....I bet he's on steroids.

8.) If you've seen The Office or 30 Rock from this past Thursday...please refrain from talking to me about them...I still haven't seen them.

9.) I have to move my guitar lessons from Thursdays for a while because Craig has to teach at UofL during my regular spot this semester...it's throwing my life for a loop. I just thought you guys should know that.

10.) I have an appointment to get my haircut tomorrow at Fritz's Man Salon at 5:30...all I can say is:
Song of the Day: Llama - Close to the Silence
Beer of the Day: Abita - Oatmeal Stout

No comments: