Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

First tidbits of the new year...get excited!

* Great News! I've got that Beyonce, "All the single ladies!" song stuck in my head. That was sarcasm...there is nothing good about that news at all...it is trying to ruin my day. It would have ruined my day for sure about an hour ago...but it's so damn catchy...and I love Beyonce.

* We have had some pretty good ideas submitted for the "Name Brian's Car" contest. I'm trying each one out for a few days and then I'll narrow them down. Still, if you have suggestions please go ahead and send them.

*Do you guys like the Louisville skyline as the heading for the blog? I mean I like it alright, but I don't see it that often. If you think I should change it up or whatever let me know...I mean hell it's 2009...I'm not holding back at all.

* I somehow stumbled upon this video the other day and I laughed for a while. It's of Tracy Morgan (30 Rock fame) on a morning show in Chicago. He's promoting a stand up performance but he just goes crazy instead. I love the part where he starts calling out the early 1990 Chicago Bulls...God Bless Bill Cartwright!

On second thought...I think he's drunk.

* I forgot to post this picture of the big game...
For the record that was a sick dunk...also for the record, the floor is about 4 feet below him....and he's on his way up.

*Since the Holidays are now over and I no longer work at O'Shea's...I went to the grocery last night to get some stuff to fix myself dinner the next few days. I'm not much of a cook, but I think my chicken patty sandwich with green beans and mac and cheese is probably going to be delicious in a few hours. I swear...I could eat 15 chicken patties at any given time...I love those things.

* Everyone's favorite band My Morning Jacket (by everyone...I mean mine and some other people) put on an amazing show in Madison Square Garden on New Year's Eve. The show lasted almost 4 hours and included soulful covers of Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke, Curtis Mayfield, James Brown, Dion and Kool and the Gang. I can't wait to find a recording of this somewhere...I bet the people at the show had almost as good of a time as the people who watched the lame guy land his motorcycle on a mini arc de triumph.

*Tonight at 9 Scrubs begins it's real final season. NBC tried to end the show last year, against the cast and crew's wishes, but ABC has picked up the show for one final season. I've been watching Scrubs since it started about a decade ago and let me tell you...it is easily one of my favorite shows of all time. I'm very glad that it will get a proper send off.

* Oh yeah, in case you missed it...this happened on Sunday:

Byahhh!

That's all for today amigos. Have a bueno Martes.

Song of the Day: Bill Withers - Use Me
Beer of the Day: Rogue - Mocha Porter

No comments: