Monday, January 26, 2009

That was a nice Sunday...

So Sundays are usually pretty swell days...it's a day of rest, a day of watching sports that you don't care about, a day of eating whatever is in the fridge and a day of just laying around. They're just pretty swell usually.

Yesterday was no exception.

First, the Cards pulled out a win over #8 Syracuse on the road! That makes the Cards 6-0 in the nation's toughest conference with 4 road wins, a win over #1 and four wins over ranked teams. Needless to say their totally Beastmode! Here's a little remix of the UofL intro at Freedom Hall...just to show you how badass the Cards are!

I'm excited, I usually get this excited/nervous starting March 1st...but I feel like there's something special brewing in the Ville!

The next super sweet thing that happened? I ran 5 miles! I'm really not loving this mini-marathon training...at all. My legs hurt, my pants aren't any looser and it's becoming pretty time consuming to run so many miles each day. But, I do feel like there's a little extra pep in my step and I have to think my body is healthier now that it was before I was running everyday...right?

Anyway, to finish off my Sunday...I decided to cook some dinner. However, this was no ordinary dinner...this was the first ever batch of "Brian's PBR Chili"

Now I've never made chili before, I've never even browned meat before...but I really love Chili...a lot. So, I thought it couldn't be too hard, so I bought the ingredients, bought a 12 pack of Pabst and went to town.

Here are some of the highlights:
Rachel Ray ain't got nuthin' on me!

Beard...check, PBR...check, Chili...check. Manliest photo ever? Maybe if it weren't for the lame, "look ma' I did it" face.

My trusty assistant Lautaro. He was there to make sure the house didn't burn down. Also, I wanted to include this picture since it was 7 at night and he clearly hasn't had a shower.

The Chili was pretty good for a first effort, but I've got a long way to go before I enter any chili cookoffs.

Babysteps...babysteps.

Anyway, it was a pretty nice Sunday....I hope your's wasn't too shabby either.


Song of the Day: The National - Secret Meeting
Beer of the Day: Pabst Blue Ribbon

1 comment:

will said...

I gotta say, I saw the Lautaro picture and without even reading the caption, I thought, "Lautaro hasn't showered."