Thursday, January 29, 2009

So, a car blew up in front of my apartment yesterday...

I bet you guys are wondering why there hasn't been a post since Monday, huh? Well it's because this is what me street looks like:
Yeah I bet you're sitting there thinking, man...what a pretty scene, nice snow fall glistening in the winter. Brian must have had a great time on his snow days.

FALSE!

Tuesday was nice, I stayed in, napped, did a puzzle...all sorts of fun.

Well after I went to bed Tuesday, I was woken up by what sounded like bombs going off at about 4:30 in the morning. From 4:30 until I finally got out of bed around 7:45 or so...all I heard was..
Crack, Crack, Crack...BOOM!!! CRASH!!! Tree limbs were frozen and they were falling rapidly. The car in front of our apartment...smashed! Power lines...down!

Here's the real kicker. I heard a loud pop and then saw a flash of light from the window. I looked outside...nothing big, just a fire in the middle of the road!

The fire was probably 10 feet high, not knowing what to do I called 911.

No one answered....for 5 minutes. I finally got through and then I was cut off. WTF? Now, I've never called 911 before, but I was always under the impression that they were a little quicker then that. Oh well.

Here's where it gets exciting. The power line that caught on fire was laying over a car, a nice silver Toyota Camry. Guess what, the car was soon up in flames...check it out.
Before long it blew up and it looked like this:
I saw an Owl on a sign outside of a pizza place on Monday night and I thought to myself, "That might be the coolest thing I've ever seen." Turns out it's not even the coolest thing I've seen this week...because I watched a car explode yesterday!

So now, I'm without power, I'm without heat, I can't drive down my street...it's not awesome. Most of Louisville is without power now and it could be 7-10 days before it's back on. Ben and Megs are allowing me to come over and get warm...which is nice...but hopefully this mess can get cleaned up soon.

Well, I hope your weeks are going better than mine! Yay snow day....sigh.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...T-Will threw a nasty bounce pass as the Cards moved to 8-0 in the Big East:

Song of the Day: M. Ward - Never Had Nobody Like You
Beer of the Day: Left Hand - Black Jack Porter

No comments: