Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Life of Brian is ruining the actual Life of Brian

So this blog is a pretty big success in my opinion. Many times I've had readers come up to me and tell me that they enjoy reading and often they get a laugh out of something I've said. When this happens, I feel pretty good about the blog and I'm happy that I can bring some entertainment to other people's lives. However, I'm starting to notice a problem.

This Blog is making me seem lame when I talk to people in real life.

Let me explain, when I hear about something cool, form an opinion on a popular topic or something interesting happens to me, I come on here and share it with you guys. However, the next time I see one of you...I'll want to tell you about the same thing...not realizing that you read it already....then I have nothing to talk about.

Recently this has happened to me 2 times. I saw a friend or a family member and started talking about something crazy that happened to me, or asking them if they've seen such and such new website...then as I get really excited to tell them about it...they drop the hammer and inform me that they read about it on my blog a few days before.

Sigh, it's tough because I like sharing these things with you guys but at the same time I feel totally lame when I see some of you face to face. I mean I'm really in a pickle here.

So, the only solution I have come up with is to start making up awesome stories about myself in order to not be totally boring all the time when I see people in real life. I have a pretty wild imagination so I think I'll always have something to talk about now.

Just kidding, I actually know some people who do that...and it's not very fun...for anyone.

In the end, I think this is just something that comes with blogging. I'll just have to deal with it as best I can. However, if you wouldn't mind...it'd be nice if you just laugh along with me if I tell you a story that you've already read about on here...that would make it all easier. If not, I'll just make up stories about all of you out there and share them on here...Just kidding...sort of.

Song of the Day: Little Joy - Brand New Start
Beer of the Day: Coors Original (The Banquet Beer)

No comments: