Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits...

Let's all prepare to "tid" farewell to 2008. HAHAHA!

* Is there any hand soap in the world better than good ol' "Dial Gold"? No, there isn't. We have a fresh bottle in the men's room at work and I've washed my hands at least 17 times since I got here today...I mean the stuff is just magical.

* So I'm attempting to rebound from my post Christmas slump...luckily Taylor still in town and College Basketball is heating up....otherwise I'd be on bender status.

* Speaking of college basketball...there's a pretty big tilt scheduled for Sunday. It's the best rivalry in all of college basketball...it's ONE GAME...for state wide bragging rights. Here's some videos on the history of "The Dream Game"

This first one will tell you three things...

1.) Denny Crum is a badass
2.) Joe B. Hall is a sissy
3.) UK should change their name to the University of Kentucky Scaredy Cats.

Also, after UK hit a shot to send the 1983 game into OT...UofL decided to give them the beating of a lifetime...seen here:

Lancaster Gordon is a bad mutha(shut yo mouth)....also I love Charles Jones' goaltend with about 5 seconds left. HOW DARE YOU TRY TO SCORE ON CHARLES!

Anyway, if you want to read a totally unbiased, but awesome recap of the first Dream Game and it's impact on the overall UofL/UK rivalry...head over to this UofL blog.

* Hey remember Michael Bush? The most badass running back to ever play for UofL? Well it turns out if you give him playing time he does crazy awesome things like this:

I will take it to my grave that if UofL has a healthy Michael Bush in 06-07...then UofL has a national championship and Michael Bush has a Heisman trophy.

* Do you ever hear a song in a random place and then realize you haven't heard that song in about a decade and it's one of the best songs ever? No? Well I do and last night at Kroger Stevie Wonder's "Overjoyed" was playing. That song is so pretty I could cry.

* So I was a bit creeped out when 2pac released 18 CDs after being killed...but nothing is as creepy as this new John Lennon commercial:

I mean it's for a good cause so I'm not against it...but the voice is enhanced by a computer and it makes John seem a bit robotic. I dunno, I just thought this was strange...and it has to do with the Beatles...so therefore I have to tell you guys about it.

* New Years Eve is tomorrow...if your like me you don't really like New Years eve that much. It's always a bunch of pressure to do something awesome and if you don't you have to feel like a loser for a whole year! Anyway, I hope you guys have a good one...I'll be rooting on the Cards and then gathering with a good group of friends...that is a formula for a winning New Years eve!

* I'll be back on Monday with some New Year's resolutions. Have fun until then.


Song of the Day: Handsome Boy Modeling School - The Projects
Beer of the Day: Fuller's - ESB

No comments: