Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits...

Let 'em rip!

* The CrapBags were not only winners this weekend, they brought home the high score this week as well! With one more week to go until the playoffs one more win is needed to clinch a spot in the tourney.

* All is calm in the Life of Brian on the UofL b-ball front for now. Rick Pitino issued an official apology to all fans on his website. He apologized for the poor performance and said that the unacceptable play was due to bad practice habits which will be corrected immediately! I for one would not want to be at practice this week....who am I kidding, I'd go in a heart beat. Anyway, we'll see how improved the Cards are when they play three games in three days starting on Saturday.

* I'm still in search for a good new Christmas Album for the Holiday season. However, if you don't have Leon Redbone's "Christmas Island" album...do yourself a favor and go get it right now.

* I saw a great commercial during Monday Night football last night. It was a commercial for "Scurbs" the wonderfully hilarious show which was on NBC for the better of decade. Rumor had it that the show was canceled...and NBC did cancel it...but ABC picked it up and new episodes will start in January. I actually heard this a long time ago, but I forgot about it until last night.

* I picked up a new CD this weekend. It's called "Electric Arguments" and it's by a band called The Fireman. Awesomely enough the band involves none other than Sir Paul McCartney. I don't really understand the whole concept of the band and such, but Paul sings on every track and it's probably the best stuff he's put out since "Band on the Run". You can listen to some of the new cd here.

* So I'm not sure where I read this (Facebook?), but try to say "Irish Wristwatch" three times fast...hell, try to just say it once. It's not that easy.

* So there's just a little over three weeks left until Christmas and while I'm at about 79% on the holiday excitement mode, I can't think of a blasted thing to put on my Christmas list. My loved ones keep asking for ideas of things they can get me and I don't have a clue. Anyone have any ideas?

* Finally, Yahoo ran a story yesterday which reveled a secret that has cost me countless hours of sleep since I first laid eyes on this lady:
Yup, they share where that wonderfully mysterious scar on Ms. Tina Fey's left cheek came from. Turns out the story isn't all that grand, some stranger scrapped her face when she was little. I really just wanted to talk a little about Tina Fey because I kinda love her. Still cool to finally know what the deal is though.

Alright children, that's all the tidbits for today. Enjoy your Tuesdays.

Song of the Day: The Fireman - Dance 'Til We're High
Beer of the Day: Fuller's - London Pride

No comments: