Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Facts...

Alright team, we made it to Friday...way to go. I'm proud of each and every one of you...you kept your heads on a swivel and that's what you have to do when you find yourself in a vicious cockfight.

Anywhoselbees, I don't have anything in particular to talk about today...So I'm gonna give you some random insights about my life right now. You may think, "Whoa whoa whoa Brian...it's not Tuesday...I don't want tidbits on Friday...It'll throw off my whole day." Well don't think of these so much as tidbits...think of them more as Friday Facts...also this won't be a regular thing...I just can't find any one thing to ramble about for a whole post.

1.) My 3 month internship with O'Shea's family of Pubs came to an end yesterday as I met with the managers of O'Shea's and Brendan's. There's part of me that's glad to be done with the internship because I will have much more free time now...but there's a big part of me that will miss going in and working at the bars. It was a blast learning all the ins and outs of the business and you can't put a price tag on the knowledge I gained throughout the experience. A Big Life of Brian "THANK YOU" to the staff at both restaurants!

2.) Outstanding episodes of "The Office" and "30 Rock" last night. My favorite parts?

I loved in the Office when Michael hit Toby in the face with the pen. But the scene where Toby buys the doll from Daryl was one of the best all season....poor Toby.

As far as 30 Rock goes....I don't think it gets much better than, "If all you wanted was a hug from a black person, you should have just hosted 'The Price is Right'!" Classic.

3.) CrapBags are off to a roaring start in the playoffs as the Bears defense raked in 11 points last night. GO BAGS GO!!!

4.) I'm kinda pissed right now because this is the first year since I was like 4 that I won't have a Christmas break...it really sucks.

5.) Also, to make matters worse...I have to start paying back my student loans this month. The good news is that at the rate I'm paying them back I should make my last payment around the age of 35. Woooohooo.

6.) I'm yet to mention a favorite Christmas tradition of mine. Elf Bowling. Elf Bowling is a game you can download online, it's free and it's sure to provide tons of Holiday fun. I'd post a link...but I'm feeling pretty lazy.

7.) My weekend is pretty packed. I'm going over to my Grandma's tonight to help her decorate for Christmas, I'm going to the UofL game with Lautaro tomorrow...followed by a Holiday Party at Ben and Megs'. Sunday? Christmas shopping and such...all day long!

8.) I've thought of some really sweet ideas of what to get people for Christmas....REALLY SWEET. Now I've just got to go find them.

9.) I'm working on my best of 2008 mix CD. It's almost done and I'll tell you guys when it is. But for now I think I've decided on my top 5 albums of 2008....here's a song from each.
5 - Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
Song: A Punk

4 - Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
Song: He Doesn't Know Why

3 - Dr. Dog - Fate
Song: Hang On

2 - She & Him - Vol. 1
Song: I Thought I Saw Your Face Today

1 - My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges
Song: I'm Amazed


10.) Have a great weekend everybody!

Song of the Weekend: Bon Iver - Skinny Love
Beer of the Weekend: BBC - Bourbon Barrel Rye Porter

No comments: