Friday, December 05, 2008

Drink and be merry...

...Because we can!


That's right boys and girls today is the 75th anniversary of the greatest day in American history...the day that prohibition ended.

I'm not going to lie to you guys...I just typed out a big long post about alcohol and why I like it, and why it's great and how I come from a long family history of beer and bourbon drinkers and how alcohol is something that unifies people and such....
....but it all made me sound a lot like someone with a hint of a drinking problem....which is not who I am.

I realize that I strive not to edit myself too much on this blog, but since it's Friday and it's late in the day...and I don't want to make anyone think I'm a bad person...I deleted my original post today.

Here's the bottom line. I like alcohol, I drink it pretty much everyday...and I enjoy because I've been taught how to enjoy it. Truth is I enjoy the taste, the feeling I get when I drink, the conversations I have while drinking with others...etc. But, I also know the dangers of it all and how it can be abused and how it can be used too often or in the wrong circumstances.

Anyway, here's how I see it...
Drinking is a privilege, but with privileges also comes a great deal of responsibility. So, be thankful for this privilege and use it to the best of your ability. Go out tonight and have a drink with a friend or family member...talk about loved ones, re-tell old stories, laugh and most of all...toast the people who were able to repeal prohibition, which in turn allows us all to be much more funny and interesting then we ever should be.

Cheers!

Song of the Day: The Doors - Roadhouse Blues
Beer of the Day: I'm drinking Bourbon tonight!

No comments: