Monday, November 03, 2008

iGoogle is the Shiz!

Oh Monday...how I loathe you. So the weekend was good, Very fun Halloween night, Unexpectedly fun Saturday as a late invite came to TJ's bachelor party, relaxing Sunday (although some old lady threw up on the bar at work last night...it was gross) all in all it was pretty swell.

Now, we're on to Monday...I don't have much to talk about today...but I thought I would tell you guys about a super sweet thing my brother turned me on to...it's really changing my life.

it's called...iGoogle

Basically it's a quick and easy way to customize a webpage and then use it as your ultimate homepage.

To use it, just sign in to your google account (gmail and yahoo work...they're all free) then you choose a theme which is basically just a background for your page. They have pictures, colors, animated ones...anything you could want.

Once you've decided on a theme...then you can choose gadgets to add to your page. This is the best part...they've got a gadget for everything. Sports, music, games, ebay, whatever. For instance, my page displays my e-mail, the latest sports scores, local weather, ESPN's top story, Beatles history for each day, a trivia question, today's woot.com listing, Liverpool FC news, CNN headlines, a beer of the day, a post it note that you can edit for reminders, a London photography slideshow and today's beer news.

I know you're probably thinking this is an insane amount of info for one page, but they make it so compact that it all fits. You just add and subtract things as you please and then you can set the page as your homepage and get all that info as soon as you get online.

It literally takes just a three minutes to set up and you can customize it anyway you want. It's a really amazing tool and I would highly suggest that you give it a whirl. You can thank me later!

Enjoy your Mondays kiddos!

Song of the Day: Jimi Hendrix - The Wind Cries Mary
Beer of the Day: Bell's - Expedition Stout

No comments: