Friday, November 07, 2008

100th post!

Woo-hooo today is the 100th post in the history of the Life of Brian! Man, it seems like forever ago that I sat down on that special June afternoon and decided that it was time for the world to be hit with a daily dose of Brian.

Since June 14, we've been through quite a bit together, there have been some ups and downs, some angry rants and some sincere posts. I think one thing is for sure, I think that we can all agree that our lives have changed because of this blog, I'd hope they've been changed for the better...but I'm not so sure.

The really neat thing about writing this blog is going back and seeing the different posts and remembering the feelings and such that I had during various times.

So, in honor of this historic moment in LoB history...let's take a gander at what all we've been through together.

The blog started shortly after I graduated and on the blog we've seen me attempt to deal with big moments in my life like: getting a full-time job, Taylor moving away, moving into my own apartment and of course buying the big TV and kegerator.

Those were all big moments in my life, both for good and bad, and I am glad you guys got to help me get through those.

Let's see what else has happened....

Well, we single handedly made "Boomshakalaka, Wassssssssuppppp and 'That's so funny I forgot to laugh'" cool again. As well as inventing and using the words, "Stankafoodaphobia" and "Beardo"

We've seen my ongoing battle with the abusive relationship that I am currently still in with Becky, my yeast baby.

We've seen the creation of a second blog that I contribute to in The Brouha Blog.

We've been there as I began and continue my education as an employee at O'Shea's family of Pubs, where I've learned that not only do old ladies sometimes vomit on the bar, but also some people really don't get sarcasm.

We've seen me set up a retirement plan.

We've seen the magic that is the Life of Brian Fan base pull together to get 50 fans before the 4th of July! A feat that will one day go down as one of the greatest achievements in blogging history.

We've seen the blog go worldwide with hits from India, Canada, Mexico and Australia.

We've experienced a once in a lifetime hurricane type storm in Kentucky.

We've gotten extremely patriotic during the Michael Phelps show that was once known as the Beijing Olympics.

We've followed UofL sports in an unhealthy fashion.

Heck, we've even seen an African American elected president of the United States!

As you can see, we've been through a lot here. Now, I want to takt this time to thank those of you who read this blog. The past 5 months have been a weird and wild time in my life as I struggle with the battle of not only becoming an adult, but living away from my girlfriend and also starting my own business. It hasn't always been pretty, it hasn't always been fun, but neither is life. This blog allows me a chance to voice whatever is on my mind and I appreciate those of you who read the blog and refrain from calling me a weirdo, moron, loser...at least to my face.

Thanks again to the readers and here's to making the next 100 posts even better!

Have a great weekend everyone, cheers!

Song of the Day: The Beatles - In My Life
Beer of the Day: BBC Dark Star Porter

No comments: