Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits

Oh yeah, it's everybody's favorite day of the week...Bring on the Tidbits baby!!!

* Yesterday was the first day of Fall...WOOOHOOO!!! Fall is by far my favorite season for many reasons. Once the weather gets me in more of a fall mood (It's close to 90 in the Ville today), I'll give you guys a full dose of Fall lovin' and explain all the reasons why I would marry Fall if I could!

* I saw "Burn After Reading" this past weekend. Let me just say I was super amped up to see this flick...and I came away...puzzled. It was good, but it was easily one of the weirdest movies I have ever seen. Brad Pitt is absolutely a scene stealer in the flick. It's worth seeing at least once, but leave the kids at home...it gets a bit graphic at times.

* The CrapBags pulled out another come from behind Monday night win last night. The win moves the Bags to 3-0 on the season and sitting at top the Fantasy Football standings all by our lonesome! Some things don't change...the Pope is always gonna be catholic, The Oxy Clean guy is always gonna be annoying, the E-Trade baby is always gonna be hilarious...and the CrapBags are always going to be total bad asses!

* In some sad news...some of you may have heard that Travis Barker, the former drummer for Blink-182, was in a plane crash this weekend. 4 people died, and he and another fella are in critical condition. While I'm not a huge Barker fan, this gets some notice for a few reasons...one is that it is tragic and they deserve to be in our thoughts, two is that Barker is responsible for playing drums on the song that shaped my college life (Blink 182 - Dammit), and three...I read this jewel of an article about the tragedy on MTV.com.
There are two highlights from the article. First, Pete Wentz, of Fall Out Boy "fame", claims that it was really sad that Baker (Barker's assistant) passed away in the crash because he was..."a rad guy!"
- Really? You couldn't say he was an outstanding individual, model citizen, great friend/father? No no, Mr. Wentz is so cool that he has to let it be known that he was a "rad guy"...what an ass-clown!

That quote was only outdone by this gem: DJ Samantha Ronson (who the hell is that?) on her MySpace blog..."led with a sad emoticon and then said:..."
- Are you kidding me? Not only did Ronson find the tragedy so sad that she wanted to express her sorrow with one of these guys, : ( , MTV found that important enough to relay to the rest of the world.

I hate my generation sometimes...but not as much as I hate MTV! Bring back Dave Holmes!!!

* After doing some serious YouTubing last night...I found a pretty cool video. This is of Ben Sollee, the Cellist I told you guys about...but he's playing with Mr. Craig Wagner who happens to be an absolute stud on the guitar. He also happens to be the fine gent who teaches me how to play guitar every Thursday after work. Check out his bad ass solo in this clip (also, don't pay attention to some of the faces Sollee makes...he's a cellist for crying out loud...he's gotta be a little goofy.)


* On another music note...Kings of Leon and Cold War Kids both released new albums today! These are two pretty stellar bands, I'll pick up the albums after work and let you know about them later this week!

* I got some boots! Yup, my everlasting quest for some sweet boots came to an end on Saturday as I bought a pair of brownish boots marked down from $100 to $35! I feel a bit like a cowboy when I wear them...but I think I look kinda cool and not like a huge toolbox...so I'll keep wearing them till someone points and laughs at me. Also, I've never really had boots like this before...and they're really different than most shoes. They're heavy...they're narrow...it's like having two canoes on your feet. Oh well...they totally make me fell like Dirty Harry!

Peace Homies!

Song of the Day: Band of Horses - Monsters
Beer of the Day: Left Hand - Milk Stout

2 comments:

StickerMania6513 said...

I must say I love your "Tuesday Tidbits." What kind of boots did you get?

Brian said...

I'm glad you like the tidbits! As far as the boots go...I have no idea what brand they are...I just know they're brown and bad ass!