Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My "Oneders" Moment

So it goes without saying that, "That Thing You Do" is one of my favorite movies of all time. I mean seriously who doesn't love that flick? Also, I would argue that the scene when their song is played on the radio for the first time is one of the best scenes in the history of American Cinema. In case you don't know the scene...here it is:

Man, what a great feeling!

Well, yesterday I had an experience that will probably be the closet I will ever come to hearing my song on the radio.

Remember when I told you about the Dayton Alefest I went to a few weekends back? Well we of course brought along the Brouha House's favorite yeast baby mascot, "Bud" and took him around to different booths. However, the good people at Flying Dog Brewery (recently ranked the #1 brewery in America by one publication) took a picture with Bud and then asked us to send them the picture. I had all but forgotten about it until one of their people sent me an e-mail yesterday with this link:

FLYING DOG AND BROUHA!!!

Holy Guacamole! Can you believe that? I mean the Brouha House is still 7 or 8 months from being open...but when the #1 brewery in America has a blurb about you on the front of their website...and a picture of your little yeast mascot....IT'S HUGE!!!

I realize to everyone else this is nowhere near as exciting as having your song played on the radio...but to me...it is!!!

If nothing else this is great publicity. And, it further drives home the fact that in a few months...I will most likely be the manager at my own brewpub!

I AM SPARTACUS!!!


Song of the Day: Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hell
Beer of the Day: Flying Dog - Gonzo Imperial Porter

No comments: