Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor day weekend round-up

Man, I had a great weekend...how about you guys?

**As you all know, I was in Charleston visiting Taylor this weekend, and it was great to see her. We went to the beach, ate some good food, shopped around Charleston...it was just a really great time. Unfortunately, I won't get to see her again until October...but it will be here soon enough.

I flew to Charleston and I spent quite a bit of time in Airports. Let me just say that while I am not a huge fan of flying...I love airports. I'll talk about this more later this week...I don't want to short change you on my thoughts and feelings about the whole flying experience.


** This is a big week, even though it's a short one, because I move into my apartment. I'll move stuff little by little each day with hopes of getting finally set up by Friday or so. It should be fun, pictures and updates will be coming soon.

** If you're ever in Charleston, SC and you want to listen to the radio...tune to 100.5 the Drive! It is the best radio station I have ever heard. Sorry 91.9 WFPK, they're just as good as you and not as snooty (snotty?). They played Band of Horses, Pearl Jam, STP, R.E.M., Nirvana, The Cranberries, Radiohead...it was great.

** It's September now...that's sweet. Mainly because August is gone...but also mainly because it's almost Fall...WOO-Hoo!!

** Can you tell I'm just talking about things to avoid talking about another thing?

** Ok let's discuss. Yes, lets discuss the worst football game I have ever seen! I know UK fans are sitting there thinking, "Yeah, you just think it was bad because we kicked your ass!" Well, yes you did kick our asses...but if you know anything about football...you should realize that every team that plays in a BCS bowl this year will have more wins than UofL and UK will have combined at the end of the year. That's what made it so bad, UK sucks...but we sucked so much we got beat by 25! I want to say the defenses were just so outstanding...but I think the offenses were just that bad. Regardless here are a few observations:
- Douglas Beaumont - I like you...a lot!
- Hunter Cantwell - I like you...but will you play better next game...a lot better?
- Bilal Powell - You have the coolest name for a running back ever...too bad you looked like a total pansy on the field. Get better so I can say your name as if it were an onomatopoeia. "BILALPOWELL!"
- Ron English - I think you're awesome...but I want to watch a few more games before I put you on my "man-crush list"
- Josh Chichester - You're soooo tall...and pretty talented. Way to go!
- Jeff Brohm - Really? You can do better.
- Steve Kragthorpe - I'll give you until the Kansas State game before I make ridiculous remarks about you and your coaching ability. (Note: If we don't beat Tenn. Tech, I get to judge you then.)
- Rich Brooks - You're an alright old man...I don't really hate you at all.
- UofL football team - We can do better, seriously we have too....it's killing me.

I'm not crying...no I'm not crying....It's just been raining on my face.

Also, I of course ran into some UK fans in Charleston (they're everywhere). The first two noticed my UofL shirt and were good sports about it. One said, "Good Luck to you guys today...it should be a good game." The other one, was after the game and he said, "Oh, I'm from Louisville too! But unfortunately, I'm a UK fan." I said, "well, that's fortunate for you today" He smiled and said "yeah I guess." Not too bad. But then as I was leaving a restaurant, this UK fan sitting with his two buddies, he waits until Taylor is out the door and I have one foot out...then yells,

"PITINO SUCKS!"

Hahahahaha. First of all Einstein....you just beat us in FOOTBALL! Second of all, way to be a man and yell it as I'm almost out of the restaurant and then look like you're totally innocent when I turn around and give you the, "I'm gonna kick your ass" stare. I mean you just waxed us in football and you bring up Pitino? It just goes to show that there are some morons out there...and a lot of UK fans will never ever get over the fact that Rick Pitino is UofL's coach. This guy's comment really made my day....not really but I at least got to laugh again.

You'll be happy to know I didn't punch anything...but I was upset. The only way to express my feelings is by having help from my friends...

They are who we thought they were...and we let 'em off the hook!

Playoffs? Playoffs?

I'm a Man...I'm 40!


Oh well, it was a shitty game...but a great weekend!

Song of the day: R.E.M. - What's The Frequency Kenneth?
Beer of the day: Avery - Ellie's Brown Ale

1 comment:

john r said...

i hope you got to visit the old slave markets in downtown charleston. its kinda weird the first time, to imagine that youre walkin where slaves were once sold....but watching the old women weave authentic gullah baskets makes up for it a little.