Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bicycle, Bicycle...I want to ride my Bicycle, I want to ride my Bike!

Queen rocks!!!

Anyway, ever since I moved into ol' Sherwood Forrest...I've enjoyed the fact that I can buy a CD, cup of coffee, burrito, vacuum cleaner and beer all within walking distance of my home! However, for those unfamiliar to the Highlands/Bardstown rd. area...there are several other things that are within a few miles of my apartment, grocery store, etc., that are just a bit too far for a walk. So initially I thought about buying a bike. I love bikes, they're fun, easy and help you get some exercise (watch it Becky!)

The problem I faced was the fact that I'm not certain I would ride a bike that often...and I didn't want to spend $100 or so on something I wouldn't use. So I've been pondering it for a while now. Finally I got a big boost because last night my Grandma gave me an old bike that was in her garage!

It will take some cleaning up, some new tires, and a bit of maintenance...but it's free! Also, this bike is awesome looking. Big wide handle bars...retro looking frame with nice shiny red paint...I'll be straight outta the 60's cruisin' around on this bad boy.

Now I know what you're thinking..."Brian, you hate bikers...they're a-holes who always disobey the rules and get in your way...you're not becoming one of them are you?"...Well in short, no! You see, I will always take back roads if possible and if traffic is abundant in my area...I'll just move out of the way until the majority passes. I'll never ride my bike when I'm in a hurry to be places...I'll just take a stroll up to the grocery or wherever from time to time. It's gonna be great.

I realize this post really doesn't have much of a point...truth be told, I just couldn't really think of anything else to write about...and I'm excited about my new bike! Game on Becky...Game on!


Song of the Day: Queen - Bicycle Race
Beer of the Day: Dogfish Head - Punkin Ale

No comments: