Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Totally Terrific Tuesday...

...with alliteration!

*** So I was so busy trying to stay alive yesterday I forgot to tell you about what I bought on Sunday. I'll give you a hint it starts with a "T" and ends with a "hirty-two inch LCD HD-TV"! Wow, yeah you got it...it was a Thirty-two inch LCD HD-TV...man nice guess. Anyway, I still had some grad money left and I figured what the heck...let's go nuts. It is really awesome. The picture is great, the remote is awesome looking, the sound is crisp...I mean it's crazy awesome!
However, I have noticed a few drawbacks. One is that high-def is not always a good thing. For instance, I was watching the NFL pre-season game the other night and John Madden was calling the game. It was all gravy when they were showing the game...but soon they switched the camera to the press box and "AHHHH KELLY CLARKSON!!!" I mean that John Madden is one ugly dude...in no way shape or form do I need to watch his face in high def. My other problem is that having this new TV has all but killed Operation Dump Becky 3.0. I am still fighting...but man it is hard with such bad ass TV!

*** You may have noticed that the last two songs of the day came from the same artist...well that wasn't a mistake, it's because I picked up the album "Fate" by Dr. Dog...and it's great. It's easily the second best album I've bought this year behind My Morning Jacket's "Evil Urges." They have a great sound to them and I suggest that you guys give it a spin.

*** BRETT FAVRE UPDATE!!! Who cares...play Brohm if you want to win(my heart, not football games necessarily)!

*** I met Dude after work yesterday to grab a beer and talk some brewpub among other things. Our waiter was a bit odd and he did something that struck me as funny. After I had finished my first beer he was like, "Oh, I'm gonna talk you into another one!" I was like, "Yeah, I'll have another one...why not?" But then the guys was like, "See I told ya I could do it...hahah."
First of all...no. And secondly, way to give yourself a pat on the back for "talking" ME into another beer. For the record, talking me into a second beer is as easy as talking Matthew McConaughey into sucking. It's automatic! But congrats anyway on your accomplishment waiter guy!

*** Do you guys know what today is??? It's the start of college football practice! That's right today is the day that the Cardinals begin to get after it in hopes of producing a season that makes me forget about the 6 times I had to curl up in the fetal position in a puddle of my own tears last year. I have a good feeling about this year and it all starts in 26 days when the Cards are gonna go Happy-Go-Jacky on the Wildcats like a Donkey eating a Waffle.

Roll the highlights...



Song of the Day: Otis Redding - That's How Strong My Love Is
Beer of the Day: Leinenkugel's - Sunset Wheat

No comments: