Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm growing up...it's official.

Yup that's right, Brian's farewell to college tour is about to come to an end. In about 2 weeks, I'll be moving out and into an apartment. I always knew the day would come, but now that it's close...I'm feeling about 10,000 different ways at once.

First let me set up the situation. My brother lives with his friend Chris in a killer apartment on Sherwood Ave. Yup the street that runs off of Bardstown Rd. and is surrounded by Ear X-Tacy, Old Town Liquors and Q'Doba. My brother is moving out however, which leaves an open spot. So, I'm moving in and I'll live with Chris until about November. Then, everyone's favorite Argentine, Lautaro, will hopefully replace Chris in order to help me stay warm at night.

I have been trying to think of all the things I'm going to need and it's hard (that's what she said). Last night my Dad helped me pick out a bed and some bed room furniture. A few nights ago, my mom helped me pick out a bead spread and some other decorations for the place (kegerator). It feels like I'm going away to college again, but I'm not...this is moving out for realzies.

I'm super excited about having my own place and I know I'll still see my family as much as I ever, especially considering that I won't be in Danville for 8 months of the year, but it's just weird.

Sigh...I know that everyone deals with this at some point (obviously some deal with it better than others), but I just feel so young to be moving out on my own, you know?

Oh well, it's a bitchin' apartment, I've got everything I need (HDTV, Kegerator, Bed) and I bet Mom and/or Dad would come tuck me in at night if I asked them!

I'll be giving more info about my apartment as I make purchases for the place, set up a bar area and set the date for my first party! It's gonna be wild...but I'm ready!

Have a good weekend!

Song of the Day: Ben Folds - Still Fighting It
Beer of the Day: Left Hand - Deep Cover Brown Ale

1 comment:

Wowwie said...

I just went through the same thing, that's how I know you'll get it all figured out, and btw very nice usage of the "that's what she said" joke.